Used Rockwell T136, 2.5 Ton Military Transfer Case Air Shift Unit. These are the newer versions and do not have the sprag bearings that are prone to failure. These are very robust and basically an oversized NP205.
- 1:1 High Range
- 2:1 Low Range
- High/Low operated with cable or lever
- 2WD/4WD operated via air actuator or can be permanently locked in 4WD (Fails to 2WD)
- Same 4 bolt pattern as a 2.5 Ton Axle
- Approx Dimensions: 12" Wide x 28" Tall
- Approx 11" Drop from input to output yoke
- Approx 23" From Input to Output Yoke mating surfaces
- Approx 400 lbs
- Air Actuator Kit sold separately
- Mounting Plates sold separately
Used transfer cases are only inspected for damage and if it shifts into high range, low range and 2WD/4WD. Case will show signs of wear, including the park brake.
Reman Cases are disassembled, input idler bearings are replaced. Input, output and shifter seals are replaced. Input, output bearings and gears and shafts are inspected for wear and replaced as needed. These come with a 1 year warranty on workmanship, abuse caused by use in mud trucks or any other application these were not designed for is not covered. Park brake components are only replaced upon request.
Suggested Gear Oil
75/90 weight, but these t-cases do work well with a tacky gear oil like a Lucas or the Top Load Gear Oil, found here: Top Load Gear Oil
High/Low range shaft is configured so that when the shaft is all the way in, the case is Low Range. Shaft all the way out is High Range