Check out our Rockwell-Meritor Hybrid Kit that gives you the reduction you want, without having to switch out an entire axle. Canadian made Adapter Kit, designed and fabricated right here in Alberta!
Rockwell-611, Meritor outer planetary hub, fitted onto a 2.5 or 5 Ton Axle.
By mating up a Meritor 611 Planetary Outer to a 2.5 Ton Rockwell, you reduce the load upstream of the hub by 1/2, essentially making the 2.5 Ton as strong, if not stronger than a 5 Ton Axle!
The other unique feature of this kit is its 100% bolt on! No welding or machining required!
Here are the basic benefits of running this kit:
- 2:1 bevel gear reduction hubs, doubling the strength of you 2.5 Ton Axle Shafts and Center Chunk, also creating a low 13.44:1 overall gear ratio
- Sealed Spindle with Stub Shaft support and built in Thrust surface, although still recommend, boots will be an option.
- Central Tire Inflation
- Upgraded Plate Steel Knuckles
-84.5" WMS Front, and 87.5" WMS Rear
- 2.5 Ton, 16 Spline Lockers and Spools can still be used.
However with everything there are compromises:
- 13.44 overall gear ratio, not ideal for high speed use, however aftermarket gearing is available that will get the final ratio up to 9.8:1
- Added weight- The entire Kit will add roughly 164lb to each Axle, again aftermarket aluminum hubs are available
- Rims must be changed to a 5 Ton, 10 x 11.25 Wheel Pattern.
-Hubs cannot be flipped to change WMS.
CONTACT US FOR USD QUOTES AND PRICING
*Use caution if you purchase parts from this dealer, there's a good chance they are not made by WCR, but still sold as ours We are not liable for any install issues, warranty issues with these parts, we are also not responsible if you order parts from MTM/David Cathey and do not end up receiving anything or end up with the wrong parts. If you want to be certain that your kit will arrive and function as advertised, please purchase from us directly or a reputable dealer such as Jelly Customs*